Latest news from Cumbria Twinshock is about the new Hawkstone Park Festival of Legends two-day event on Sunday, September 11, 2016.
It’s open to everyone still riding their twinshock and evolution bikes but with the added bonus of a get together of British MX legends on Sunday, made up of riders who entertained us from the Sixties to the Nineties. For those legends still up to riding this famous course, there are two races each for over-50 twinshock riders and over-40 evolution riders on the Sunday but even if not riding we would still like you there.
Guests have been invited from the Sixties TV scrambles, British championship, Top 35, AMCA champions, Centre champions and twinshock supporters to join us in this unique event to celebrate their achievements.
It is anticipated that there will be hospitality for all the invited guests, and through the course of the day there will be memorabilia, photos, programmes and interviews for us all to look forward to.
We are still on the lookout for as many former riders as possible, especially ex top 35 British Championship contenders. VIP tickets are available from Geoff Shuttleworth so please contact using the email address below.
We would also love to see any memorabilia you have from past events, bikes, shirts, helmets, trophies and pictures that could be displayed in the marquee. Contact Geoff on 01524 824409 or email email@example.com if you wish to discuss further. Entries are being taken by Chloe Hudson on 01229 463805/07887 407590.
Riders that have already been approached and have confirmed are;
- World Champion Neil Hudson
- British Champions Alan Clough, Bryan Goss, Freddie Mayes, Geoff Mayes, Pete Mathia.
- British Championships Top 35 riders Jimmy Aird, Terry Challinor, Alan Clarke, Billy Edwards, Mark Fulton, Roger Garrett, Neil Griffiths, Paul Harrison, Wayne Le Marquand, Andy Nurden, Carl Pope, Keith Ree, Kevin Reed, Andy Roberton, Kevin Ruddock, Chris Small, Pip Small, Laurence Spence, Brett Steele, Mike Stephens, Dave Watson.
- British Championship Open era Wayne Butt, David Campbell, Paul Coward, Neil Prince, Andrew Watkins, Mayson Wear and Jonno White.
- AMCA Champions Danny Blakeley, Richard Cole, Paul Lippitt, Richard Main, Brendan and Phil Rowett, Mark Silvester, Stuart Sims.
- 60s stars Arthur Browning, Dick Clayton, Alan Clough, Alan Clews, Ernie Greer, John Marsh and Terry Silvester.
- Centre and Haynes Champions Mike Barnes, Steve Bircher, Bill Brown, Austin Clews, Martin Rowlandson and Mark Silvester.